Monday, December 19, 2011


The beginning. (Or almost) I started a blog about a year ago, kicked it to the curb. Started another one, wrote a post and then shut it down. And started another, didn't even pick it up. So maybe its really 4th times a charm? I kind of like the number 4 more anyway considering its relation to my birthday.

Now when it comes to writing, like most writers, I have come to the skill of writing in a conversational sense. Yet, when its time to write about myself, there is a predicament in it of itself.

I'm pretty sure I've pulled about half of my teeth out trying to write this first post defining this blog and myself. Hence, the long introduction.

First for this blog, I needed an outlet to convey my own thoughts. I write for three other sites and although I adore each respectively, this is my outlet to "paint" my own picture with styles, musings, and ideas that I admire. So I am, un-painfully, giving birth to this stylish blog.

In an argument with a previous boyfriend, we bickered about the saying "Paint the town red." He swore up and down that it was "Paint the town blue." Searching Google and adding to the fact that it is probably one of my favorite phrases; I would like to shove it to him once more...he was wrong. I mean who would want to paint the town blue? Not to knock the color blue, it is one of my favorites, but I would rather go into a fiery, popping red town instead.

Style the town red is the title springing from one of my favorite phrases, life quote, color, heritage, inherent fashion, etc. Styling this blog "red" is not limiting to the color red, but rather the idea itself. Red like the saying "Paint the town red" encompasses much of what my "style" is today.

My name is Sabel and as of late I am a second semester 22 year old senior about to enter into the "real world." I am a Type A, although I wish I was more of a Type B, due to my constant stress levels. I am a hyperactive, self-proclaimed busy bee with multiple activities always going on in my life. Sorority, CollegeFashionista.com, Dormify.com, Her Campus George Mason and whatever suits my tastes at the time currently fill plate. I love all colors, especially pink, but for the sake and most importantly of this blog, red sits in the number one slot. Notebooks, pens and sticky notes are always at the touch of my finger tips, mainly for my love of office supplies  because I'm so organized. Coffee, clothes and music are clinched in the top spots too.

So I bring you my "stylings" in this bright, bright red. Enjoy.

1 comment: